Demonstration video on how to get rid of Bed Bugs at your home using Urbanns Bed Bug Powder. The video explains in detail how to open the bottle, spread the powder and apply it across your Bed/Mattress, Cupboards, Sofa, etc. to have a complete contact with bed bugs and dry them up using the powder.
Script of the video for reference:
This video provides a demonstration on how to use Urbann’s Bed Bug Powder at your home.
Most homes will have a wooden bed or iron bed with a back and a wooden base below to put the mattress on top. The bed base will either be fully covered or one with gaps in between. The mattress typically has a middle layer with seams on top and bottom; these seams are good hiding and movement places for bed bugs.
Before using the Urbann’s Bed Bug Powder please ensure that you have removed the inner cap that comes in the bottle. To do so open the flip-top cap to find the inner cap. The inner cap is provided to prevent any spillage during transit. After removing the inner cap replace the flip-top cap and open the flip-top; the bottleis now ready for use.
To spread the powder target the bottle nozzle to one corner of the bed and gently squeeze the bottle to begin the flow of powder outside. The powder should be pumped out like a smoke of dust getting spread on the surface and not accumulate in one spot. You can proceed from one corner to another covering the entire line on the side of the bed. Proceed in a similar manner to cover the remaining sides of the bed till you have covered all ends and corners. Do not keep the bottle too close to the bed as that will make the powder accumulate at one place. Maintaining a consistent distance will help in spreading a thin layer of powder instead of creating a mound in one place. After covering the sides well proceed to spreading the power over the entire base. Even if there are gaps in the bed base cover whatever surface you have available.
You may need to shake the bottle at times to loosen the powder and ensure smooth flow.
We’ll be covering the base with newspapers and repeating the spraying process again, hence even if there are gaps in the base you need not worry about it as the layers of newspapers placed later will take care of that. As you can see the power has spread like dust over the surface and has not accumulated in only a few places. This will provide opportunity for maximum contact with the bugs as they move around the bed. The powder getting attached to the bugs will cut mechanically into their outer layer and dry them up over time acting as a desiccant or drying agent.
Remember you may need to shake the bottle at times to loosen the powder inside and ensure smooth flow. Now cover again with a layer of newspaper this creates a trap between the layers of newspapers for bugs moving around the bed. After spreading the second layer of newspapers gently cover it with some powder dust focusing more on the corners and sides of the bed. You may want to spread some powder gently in the area in the middle as well.
Now place the mattress back on the base over the newspapers. Try to do it without moving the newspaper layers as much as possible. Please make sure you do not drag all the newspapers out with the powder while putting the mattress on top. Before doing this it is advisable that you cover your nose with a dust mask or cloth as the powder can get pumped out on impact with the mattress.
When you have placed the mattress some of the newspaper maybe protruding out due to movement, just tuck them inside below the mattress. The side seams of a mattress are used by the bugs to move around when you are sleeping, so put some powder in these areas as well. You can let the powder accumulate in some areas as required.
After this you can cover the mattress with a bed cover and sleep on it as well as you want to. The powder is a natural mineral with no toxic elements completely safe for you and your family. However, if you are allergic to dust in general than avoid sleeping on the bed for a few days.
In some mattresses, there are multiple layers above and below for softness. The sides of these mattresses have large seams that provide a bigger channel for the bugs to move around. It is important that you fill and spread the power well in these areas if you have such a mattress. Remember the powder has to be spread all around all such areas and not just a few locations.
Bedbugs can travel from one location in the house to another using the edges on skirting in the wall or using carpets if any. Spreading the powder in these areas or over the carpets is useful in preventing their movement around the home.
Bedbugs move around the house clinging to your clothes, they place themselves at locations where people sit like sofas chairs and stools. It is advisable that you treat these locations and objects with the powder as well. For a sofa, you can put the powder in the corners so that the bugs come in contact with it when residing in the sofa or moving around with it. After pumping the powder you can gently target using your hands so that there is no powder visible outside. You can also treat your chairs, stools and other such objects at your home.
Bedbugs move around the house through your clothes given that it may be wise to treat cupboards as well so they cannot hide there and resurrect later. You can spread the powder on the surface and in the corners and then cover with newspapers later. You can keep your clothes over the paper and continue using your cupboard as usual.
After you have applied the powder please allow it to dry for at least a week to see the results. Bedbugs moving around will come in contact with it and dry up individually in 48 to 72 hours. Leaving it spread for a week will give enough time for bugs to come in contact with the powder. After about a week you can clean it up if you want and repeat the process after a few weeks.
Here are some quick facts about bed bugs:
- bed bugs are the most pesky pests and are very good at hiding and multiplying quickly;
- they cannot fly rather they move around using humans as a vehicle
- clinging to clothes and other things;
- they do not carry or cannot transmit any diseases to humans through contact;
- a prolonged treatment plan is required to get rid of bedbugs fully as they can hide for months without food and resurrect later;
- one-time chemical treatments have proved ineffective in most cases as they take care of the bedbugs temporarily but leave the eggs to hatch later;
- bedbugs have developed resistance to many chemicals available on the market today;
- also many chemicals used in fogging and other treatment methods are very toxic and have residual impact that can affect humans;
- a coordinated plan including cleaning washing and heat drying of clothes at a laundromat and using pest control treatments is more effective;
- for large investigations where you can see the bugs in the daytime as well, you will need intermittent chemical-based treatments along with natural treatments like Urbann’s Bed Bug Powder;
- for smaller or new infestations, treating with just Urbann’s Bed Bug Powder can also help.
This has been a presentation from Urbann’s Bed Bug Powder.
Diatomaceous Earth for ticks and fleas in Dogs and Cats – STEP by STEP GUIDE
1. Dust the pet with URBANNS Pest Guard like you will do with talcum powder
2. Spread the dust inside the fur with your hands
3. Apply liberally where you see or suspect presence of ticks and fleas
4. Dust their living areas including bedding, kennel, carpets, mats, etc. and any other area they visit or rest regularly
5. Just ensure that they do not inhale it in large quantities
6. Leave the dust on the pet for 3-4 days before giving them a bath with a moisturizing shampoo to prevent dried skin caused by Diatomaceous Earth
7. Comb through your pet’s fur with a flea comb to help rid of fleas
8. Apply Diatomaceous Earth again and keep for 3-4 days
9. Repeat the above steps 2-3 times for full effect
Diatomaceous Earth works as a natural and home remedy for ticks and fleas in dogs and cats. You can use it multiple times and it does not harm them.
To know more about how to apply it on your pet, you can refer to the video below.
Disclaimer: This video is not our production and does not refer to our product.
How to use Diatomaceous Earth for Bed Bugs – Step by Step Guide
1. Locate the places where bed bugs are residing – typically,
- sides of mattress
- seams of mattress
- wooden boards of bed
- screw holes and corners
- electrical boards
- top area of tube lights
2. Target the nozzle of URBANNS Pest Guard bottle towards all the mentioned areas and press to puff the powder out
3. For the bed with a wooden board specially, you can spread a newspaper on the wooden surface and dust powder on it. Again put one more newspaper on it and over that the mattress. Then puff Pest Guard in corners of the bed.
4. You should spread the powder like dust all over and not let it accumulate at few places only
5. Dust the floor area below and around the bed as well, dust liberally to increase the chances of contact with bed bugs and prevent them from moving across the home
6. Dust your sofa, chair(s), etc. Basically all areas where you rest or sit regularly
7. You can dust your car as well to prevent bed bugs from infesting it by moving along with you
8. Sweep and swipe all areas after 7-10 days and dust again with fresh powder, keep the powder dry when spread around
9. Bed covers, sheets & clothes that could be harboring bed bugs can be dusted and sealed in a polythene bag; they can be taken to a laundromat and cleaned and heat dried later
10.For a relatively new or fresh infestation, using DE alone can help; however for a prolonged and major infestation DE has to be used with other treatment options
For fresh and mild infestations is 250 gms for a 1 BHK apartment to be used liberally and repeated across 2-3 weeks.
To help in your war against Bed Bugs we have put together some great content from various sources around the world and are giving it away for FREE! We hope that this eBook will help you in your Bed Bugs treatment planning and execution.
It has a lot of information on how to prepare yourself when fighting the war with Bed Bugs including facts about them, their strengths and weaknesses, various ways of dealing with them and an integrated pest management approach that is advocated by most pest management professionals across the world.
The content for this eBook has been sourced from various publications of US Armed Forces, State and City Municipalities in US, guidelines issued by various University campuses as well as guidelines issued by various Pest Management and Control authorities acoss the world. We have supplemented the information with contextual information pertaining to India as and where applicable.
This eBook is an endeavor to help everyone better prepare themselves by increasing their overall knowledge of BedBugs Treatment and devise a treatment plan accordingly suiting their specific conditions. Hope you find it useful in forming your Bed Bugs treatment plan and in executing the same.
Access the Free eBook below -> You can read it by scrolling using the dark color slider on the right of the book panel below
#10 Facts You Should Know to Get Rid of Bed Bugs & Fleas:
- Bed Bug can survive for weeks and months without a meal
- They cannot fly or crawl long distances – moves through human movement
- They cannot pierce even a thin layer of covering or unbroken clothing
- They cannot tolerate temperatures above 45oC and below -32oC
- Bed Bug multiplies fast by laying eggs that hatch in 3-4 weeks
- They can sense carbon dioxide emitted by humans during sleep and move towards it
- 85% of the time Bed Bugs are located near the bed and mattresses
- Fecal spots, blood clots and dead skin are the most common signs to identify a bed bug infestation
- To prevent a recurrence it is crucial that you eliminate Bed Bug’s eggs as well
- A residual treatment using natural remedies like Diatomaceous Earth is essential to prevent recurrence
- An integrated pest management approach including de-cluttering the home, washing and packing unused clothes while applying chemical or natural remedies is most effective when dealing with Bed Bugs
We also have a very comprehensive Bed Bugs Treatment eBook that we have put together that outlines several such facts as well as full detail on how to deal with bed bugs. It is available for free on our website for you to read!
In case of bed bugs, it is very important to develop an understanding about them when handling them. Unlike other pests, bed bugs can be really pesky and recur later multiple times unless dealt with in a planned and learned manner.
Diatomaceous Earth for Pest Control in various ways
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a siliceous compound that acts as a desiccant sucking moisture from its surrounding. It has sharp edges that can cut into an exoskeletal insect’s outer shell as it walks over it. It can be put to variety of uses:
- Bed Bugs treatment: Dusting the home, bed and mattress with DE helps treating bed bugs without using any chemicals.
- Dog / Cat Ticks and Fleas: Dusting the pet with DE helps in treating ticks & fleas by piercing them and their eggs and drying them up.
- Home Garden: Dusting a home garden with DE can get rid of slugs, ants, fleas, flies, etc. organically.
- Home Compound: Dusting the peripheral area of your home can help take care of ants, worms, etc.
Diatomaceous Earth for Pest Control is a natural and effective solution for our current urban living. It can be adopted and used in various ways to ease our pest problems at home and gardens.
What is Diatomaceous Earth?
Diatomaceous Earth is siliceous fossil flour found naturally like other minerals. It is also known as kieselguhr and used for filtration and insulation across industries.
It can be found raw or processed to be pool grade, food grade or a purified form that is suitable for human consumption.
- Pool Grade: Used in swimming pools to prevent algae formation.
- Food Grade: Processed finer version that is suitable for insect control and garden use.
- Purified form: Processed to remove many natural minerals and impurities to make it suitable for human consumption.