Archive for the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth In India Category
Diatomaceous Earth for ticks and fleas in Dogs and Cats – STEP by STEP GUIDE
1. Dust the pet with URBANNS Pest Guard like you will do with talcum powder
2. Spread the dust inside the fur with your hands
3. Apply liberally where you see or suspect presence of ticks and fleas
4. Dust their living areas including bedding, kennel, carpets, mats, etc. and any other area they visit or rest regularly
5. Just ensure that they do not inhale it in large quantities
6. Leave the dust on the pet for 3-4 days before giving them a bath with a moisturizing shampoo to prevent dried skin caused by Diatomaceous Earth
7. Comb through your pet’s fur with a flea comb to help rid of fleas
8. Apply Diatomaceous Earth again and keep for 3-4 days
9. Repeat the above steps 2-3 times for full effect
Diatomaceous Earth works as a natural and home remedy for ticks and fleas in dogs and cats. You can use it multiple times and it does not harm them.
To know more about how to apply it on your pet, you can refer to the video below.
Disclaimer: This video is not our production and does not refer to our product.
How to use Diatomaceous Earth for Bed Bugs – Step by Step Guide
1. Locate the places where bed bugs are residing – typically,
- sides of mattress
- seams of mattress
- wooden boards of bed
- screw holes and corners
- electrical boards
- top area of tube lights
2. Target the nozzle of URBANNS Pest Guard bottle towards all the mentioned areas and press to puff the powder out
3. For the bed with a wooden board specially, you can spread a newspaper on the wooden surface and dust powder on it. Again put one more newspaper on it and over that the mattress. Then puff Pest Guard in corners of the bed.
4. You should spread the powder like dust all over and not let it accumulate at few places only
5. Dust the floor area below and around the bed as well, dust liberally to increase the chances of contact with bed bugs and prevent them from moving across the home
6. Dust your sofa, chair(s), etc. Basically all areas where you rest or sit regularly
7. You can dust your car as well to prevent bed bugs from infesting it by moving along with you
8. Sweep and swipe all areas after 7-10 days and dust again with fresh powder, keep the powder dry when spread around
9. Bed covers, sheets & clothes that could be harboring bed bugs can be dusted and sealed in a polythene bag; they can be taken to a laundromat and cleaned and heat dried later
10.For a relatively new or fresh infestation, using DE alone can help; however for a prolonged and major infestation DE has to be used with other treatment options
For fresh and mild infestations is 250 gms for a 1 BHK apartment to be used liberally and repeated across 2-3 weeks.
Diatomaceous Earth for Pest Control in various ways
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a siliceous compound that acts as a desiccant sucking moisture from its surrounding. It has sharp edges that can cut into an exoskeletal insect’s outer shell as it walks over it. It can be put to variety of uses:
- Bed Bugs treatment: Dusting the home, bed and mattress with DE helps treating bed bugs without using any chemicals.
- Dog / Cat Ticks and Fleas: Dusting the pet with DE helps in treating ticks & fleas by piercing them and their eggs and drying them up.
- Home Garden: Dusting a home garden with DE can get rid of slugs, ants, fleas, flies, etc. organically.
- Home Compound: Dusting the peripheral area of your home can help take care of ants, worms, etc.
Diatomaceous Earth for Pest Control is a natural and effective solution for our current urban living. It can be adopted and used in various ways to ease our pest problems at home and gardens.
What is Diatomaceous Earth?
Diatomaceous Earth is siliceous fossil flour found naturally like other minerals. It is also known as kieselguhr and used for filtration and insulation across industries.
It can be found raw or processed to be pool grade, food grade or a purified form that is suitable for human consumption.
- Pool Grade: Used in swimming pools to prevent algae formation.
- Food Grade: Processed finer version that is suitable for insect control and garden use.
- Purified form: Processed to remove many natural minerals and impurities to make it suitable for human consumption.